Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Best Day Ever

8 years ago I woke up at 6am, after sleeping a total of maybe 2 hours, to marry my best friend.  It was the best day EVER!   I remember the butterflies  smiles, seal claps and laughter as I got prepared to walk down the isle.  I remember my face hurting from all of my smiling but nothing could have wiped it off my face.  I was beaming.  A cheesy as it may sound it came pouring out from the joy in my heart.  I can remember exactly how I felt as I waited at the top of the staircase for my cue and how incredible it felt to walk down and see Joe standing there.  Our eyes met and they never parted.  From there the ceremony is a bit of a blur.  I couldn't take my eyes of of Joe and the next thing you know we were being pronounced husband and wife, kissing and walking down the isle hand in hand.  It was perfect.
I love Joe so much.  I love him more than I can begin to try to describe in words.  I am a sentimental schmuck and love day dreaming of our past.  Whenever I get a little upset with him I just think back to the day we met and its over.  I get all gitty recalling how I felt when he was in the room and can't help but smile when I think about our story.  
I know I haven't been the "perfect" wife and we don't have a "perfect" marriage.  We argue and can at times be cranky, harsh and well... sinful.  Joe gets the best and (unfortunately) worst of me.  But my love for him never ends.  It is a choice I made 8 years ago and a choice I will continue to make for the rest of my life.  Loving Joe is easy and I pray that each year our marriage only grows stronger and our love grows deeper.
Happy Anniversary Joe Russell!
Thank you for making me your wife!





3 comments:

  1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY you two!!! May God and love continue to bless your lives everyday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Joe & Kim! God's richest blessing on you both as you continue your life journey together! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Kim! Rejoicing with you. Love you both! Cheryl D.

    ReplyDelete